The Parents and Friends Association (PFA) is an inclusive and collaborative parent group that provides an opportunity for parents to take an active interest in the College and to meet other parents.
East Doncaster Secondary College values parental involvement. Parents are key partners in their child’s learning and by interacting with the school and other parents, member of the PFA can use their skills and experience to work collaboratively with others in supporting the school and its students and build a sense of community within the school.
The PFA fundraises for worthwhile projects that will benefit the College community.
All parents are welcome to attend PFA meetings which are held at the College every fourth Monday of each month during school terms. It is a great opportunity to meet with other members of the school community and gain relevant updates about events at the College while obtaining a better understanding of the aims and direction of the school.
RECENT PFA FUNDRAISING ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Canteen Courtyard Landscaping and Seating Upgrade
- Seats around the new Wellbeing Centre
- Provision of a Defibrillator for the Performing Arts Centre
- Replacing of the College Flagpoles
- Purchase a baby grand piano for the Music Department
EVENTS CATERED/ATTENDED BY THE PFA:
- All school Productions and Concerts
- Music Nights and Information Nights
- Parent-Teacher interview evenings
- Sale of Entertainment Books, Hot Cross Buns, and Sausage Sizzles
- Social Nights and Community Forums
For further information please email us on: